We are almost ready for the packers to arrive! I have all kinds of piles going around the house (or one could call this I have a mess spread out everywhere, but there is some method to my madness). The kids have done so well living in chaos and eating out for most meals. I can't wait to have my kitchen unpacked so I can cook real food again.
Ethan is talking so much now. Today as soon as I got up he comes over to me and says in an urgent tone, "When we go to Michigan, I catch snowflakes on my tongue and eat them." Good to have a goal, kid! It is so funny to hear what ideas he has - yesterday he was in here while I was working and he said, "Everyone be ten before me," in this sad little voice. I went through a whole list of our little friends who Ethan is older than so that he knew he would be ten before somebody. He then says, "You can't be 140. NOBODY is 140." Then a pause and a serious expression. "I be the first to be 140." I hope he is.
Katrina continues to smother her kitty, Sara, will love. Yesterday she carried her around in this pink blanket all day. And the kicker is the cat just goes along with it. She also gives her baths (this is done behind closed doors - all I know is that when they come out the cat is WET as is the bathroom- not sure what actually occurs).
On a weird/sad/bizarre/"you did what?" note, I dug up Mamacita the cat and brought her to the crematory the other day. This wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. It needed to be done and I am relieved it is over. Hopefully we'll have her ashes (which will be put into a cat figurine on a base with her name on it per Katrina's request) before we leave and she can travel in the car along with Baxter, Rudy, and Daisy's ashes. Amazing how much life has changed since we moved here! All four of those sweet souls are missed!
1 comment:
I miss hearing those conversations. :(
Post a Comment