Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Moving dates!

This has been a process. I am not doing this again for some time at the very least. The movers are suppossed to come on the 7, 8, and 9th and then the truck will get to Michigan on the 13th or 14th. Our closing on the new home is on the 7th, but our realtor gave them seven days after that to get out of the house. Which means that our truck could show up before the house is technically "ours", but the realtor insists they will be out and all will be fine. Which means that if they don't agree to get out by this weekend we won't head out of here until Saturday the 11th or Sunday the 12th. Which means the kids will miss a few days of school as I'm not going to send them the day after they have ridden in the car for a minimum of 14 hours to a completely new portion of the country where nothing is familiar. Which ultimately if they don't agree to being out this weekend could in a worst case mean the whole move is rescheduled, but the realtor assured me this won't happen. My whole mental game plan is up in the air at the moment until we hear from the sellers if they will agree to be out a day or two sooner. We did this whole process three years ago, we are doing it again now, and I hope I like Michigan as the thought of doing this again in three more years makes me want to scream. Can't even think coherently right now so I hope this is making sense!!

Greg has met the sellers and he says they are very nice - they showed him around the house and showed him how to work everything. Hopefully, they will at least be out by next weekend. But so much stuff is dependent on these dates - my mowing (I want the yard to look good before we leave and I'm rationing the gas as the mowers can't be more than half-full and it is a fine balance), calling the kids schools again to get new start dates, contacting our realtor to let her know when the house will be vacant so she can have an open house or if we are going to take a buyout on the house (no sense in taking it if we are still living here), Greg's trip flying home, renting an SUV for him to have plenty of room for the dogs for the drive up (only one of five rental companies today even had an SUV for a one-way trip), grocery shopping (we currently have very little food), laundry, and oh yes, the entire move. Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out. This is my update! Deep breaths, deep breaths. . . .

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

OMG! I feel you friend. Remember it like it was yesterday...but so worth it. :) Hang in there. You are almost home.

Unknown said...

Better sit down for this! They want to transfer me to Denver in 4 months!

Julie said...

Ha ha - if that is the case I'll just stay here!

Unknown said...

ok. At least we can Skype.