Saturday, August 28, 2010
Pakistan and Katrina
This morning I was reading the news on CNN.com and clicked on the latest story of the horrible flooding in Pakistan. I had watched CNN a few days ago and someone from the Red Cross was on talking about how few donations they have received to help Pakistan in comparison to other disasters. And this is a BIG disaster. Today's story had a photo of a little boy about one or two covered in filth with flies all over his sweet face and as I read the article I knew I finally had to go to redcross.org and donate money. We usually do this when a disaster strikes, but as we are moving and have spent a lot of money lately I didn't. But the thing is if our Katrina catches even the smallest of glimpses of this story (she can manipulate the TV like no one's business and is observant of newspapers in stores) she will have a MILLION questions. Her mother at least wants to be able to say, "We sent some money to an agency that will help those people." Because otherwise, well, I have no good ending to my explanation to her. Just my thought for the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good thought. I am going to the Red Cross site right now. I want to be able to say to her that I gave, too.
Post a Comment