Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ethan has the bug!

Our sweet Ethan now how this bad bug - ugh! He even took a nap voluntarily yesterday which for our Energizer Bunny is a very, very, very rare event (I can only remember one other nap in recent history which occurred after a big day at the pool). Last night was a long night in between him coughing and my own coughing. I slept on an air mattress on his floor and he always gets croupy when he has a cold so we had to sit in front on the freezer for the cold air twice and that helped him immensely. We're both really tired and Katrina is full of energy. Now we're waiting for Greg to come home and take poor Katrina somewhere to do something fun. Greg leaves on Thursday so his days to get stuff done are running out and my days of having someone else here to help are almost over!

On a different note, it is HOT here. It has been over 100 for so many days this summer that it has been impossible to get outside. Today is supposed to be 105. And it is humid and just gross. This is the hottest summer that we have had here. It has been really dry outside too and there are lots of dying trees in the woods now. We actually lost one of our huge pine trees (I'm hoping a buyer won't notice the humongous dead tree) in the backyard. We'll hopefully find out this week an exact closing date so we can start phase two of the moving process!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!! I am sorry to hear both of you are sick!! I hope tonight is better.

Kathryn said...

Thinking of you and hope you both get better SOON. I feel sick when I see those dying trees. Love your sweet family!

Danica said...

hope little man and you feel better ASAP! phase 2 of moving? you are better organized than me... I lost track of what moving phase we are in! LOL

Rockin' Redesigns said...

You guys are having it rough with being sick, sorry!

The heat here this summer is crazy. I've tried to not complain too much, but what is there desirable to Arkansas in August. I want to follow you to cooler land!