First, I would like to say I love Skyping. We Skyped with Greg for the first time last night and we were so happy to see his face. And it is free!! How fabulous is that!! I would highly recommend that everyone get a webcam and download the software for free at skype.com. It is fabulous. Secondly, I have joined Facebook. I am not hip to the jive, so I'm still spelling it out. It is nice to get in touch with lots of people I haven't talked to since we left Minnesota, but man, it is time consuming. It is kind of stressing me out as I feel like I constantly have it hanging over my head that there are friends posting things that I need to read and comment upon. Boy, that was a wordy sentence, but that is how it makes me feel - kind of flustered!!
This morning I spent probably 20 minutes trying to open the firesafe to get some information for Greg's work. I had actually called the safe company and was on hold when I entered the combination for the hundredth time and realized the trick is to pull down on the handle, not out. We then headed out to mail the information, arrived at the post office at 8:20, discovered it didn't open until 8:30, went to pick up my contacts down the road, went to a different post office closer to the highway, realized after getting the kids across a busy street and inside the building that it didn't open until 9:00 (it was 8:40), and then drove back across town to the other post office that we started at. I think it should be a law that they all open at the same time. Whoever decided that post offices can open at different times clearly never had to load and unload children.
4 comments:
I need more training on Facebook. I tried to say that I would be your friend but I am not sure I even did that right.
Facebook is a bit addictive and very time consuming at first. Then it will slow down and you won;t freak out about the thought of going on vacation for a week and not checking in on facebook.
You did friend me, mom. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of it when I have time!
trying to get my parents on skype. I am anxious to try it out.
Post a Comment