Lately my tupperware containers have been raided by two little people who put all kinds of treasures inside of them. Right now two of them are occupied by caterpillars and about another four containers have cicada shells in them. Ethan is outside right now trying to catch a mouse because I told him that the snakes by our new house aren't poisonous and apparently he has decided they would make a good pet. I told him that we couldn't keep a snake because they eat mice and we don't have any mice. Thus the mouse hunt that is now occurring out back.
I went to a playdate today with a new friend who lives about 45 minutes from me truly in the middle of nowhere. She was talking about how her kids have each found two to four copperheads apiece (she caught her youngest trying to kiss one), they have all found black widows, she has been stung by wasps and horse flies, she knows there are brown recluse spiders in their shed, she has a coyote that walks around her property in the day time, etc. Holy moly. This can truly be untamed wilderness! Can't wait to return to the land of poison-free creatures!!
3 comments:
Those are great pictures of the animals! Your yard in Arkansas is one the best ever! I am pretty sure you will miss it....but not the spiders
Tell Ethan good luck catching those mice.
That's too funny Ethan looking for mice; there are copperheads in Michigan;that is where I saw my first one while on vacation there as a kid near Alpena; they like to hide under logs and they have an odor about them;
I'll bet you will find more cicadas and caterpillars in other interesting places
Great! Now I have to look for a job someplace else!
Post a Comment