Today was so beautiful out and we're running out of warmer days so I thought we should go to the beach. After a short ten minute drive, we arrived. And discovered it wasn't so warm next to the lake. And it was windy. Probably about 60 degrees and the wind was blowing the sand against us, but the kids loved it. Because of the wind, the lake was kind of crazy. Lots of waves and I only dared to let the kids put the tips of their toes in the water (attention grandparents - do NOT worry - they were far enough back that only 1 out of 20 waves actually reached the tippy tips of their toes and only that was about 1/4 of an inch deep). We then backed up far from the water and they played and played and built sand castles. They have on swimming suits and they insisted on wearing those, but man, it was chilly!
A little video below just so you can hear the surf and wind!
7 comments:
Beautiful pictures! It looks like it could be summer. What a great beach! And ten minutes away! WOW!
And I am still hoping to find that video .... somewhere.
Water! Beautiful, beautiful water! What a lovely change of pace.
Cool! I never thought that suit would get worn again this summer! Glad it got to you in time!
Very very cool to be so close to water like that and a beach ... next summer will be so fun for all of you!
I am on my desktop computer and I have the video! It looks like Katrina and Ethan were having a wonderful time. And I like the way Ethan keeps checking out his footprints in the sand.
great pictures! no more landlocked Arkansas for you! how wonderful to have a beach so close. Gotta figure out how far we are from Lake Erie...
Looks like the ocean! I know you will enjoy it next summer!
Post a Comment