Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The final Arkansas blog

The packers/movers arrive today and will be here until thursday when at some point the truck should leave with all of our possessions. One more hour before they arrive. Goodbye to my friends, goodbye to their sweet babies, goodbye to my hummingbirds that I have barely seen since I took my feeders down - sorry to take your food, goodbye to our dirt road, goodbye to baseball games under the shade of the enormous pine trees out front, goodbye to the Confederate flag waving across the cow pasture next to us - I won't miss you, goodbye to familiar faces, goodbye Arkansas! Next blog will be coming from Michigan!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Hello Michigan!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that all goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to my first visit!!!!

Kathryn said...

That sweet goodbye gave me chills. The good, the bad, the ugly...thanks for being a good neighbor to me and my family. Love you tons, until we hear from you in Michigan, SAFE TRAVELS!!

Danica said...

Michigan or bust!

Anonymous said...

I just got back to Columbus from the new Hitchcock home in Michigan. They arrived save and tired. Hopefully they will have Internet and phone service soon.