Friday, March 25, 2011
Signs of Spring
Although it is only going to be 30 today, there are some signs of Michigan spring that I haven't seen elsewhere in places I have lived. First, the seagulls have returned. About a week or so ago I heard this noisy bird in the sky and there was a flock of seagulls flying around me. They have a very distinctive sound. I have never lived anywhere where the seagulls are a local bird. Secondly, all of the nurseries around here are starting to open the doors on their greenhouses. Every time we go anywhere you will see flatbed trailers loaded with blueberry bushes, pine trees, and other plants driving on the side of the road. It is amazing how many nurseries are in this part of Michigan (at least ten to twenty within five miles). I am also very excited that our friends' who own a wholesale nursery have told me I can come and pick out however much I want at wholesale prices which I believe are about 75% less than what you can buy them for at nurseries or stores. Can't wait to go on my shopping spree!! Happy Friday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Spring is in the air... and sky. It is cold here, too, but the tulips are growing. I haven't seen any seagulls, but I did seen dozens of robins at the park.
Post a Comment