Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Zoo, Disney on Ice, and Misperceptions











First, you can tell by the pictures of the kids at Disney on Ice that they were really not excited about having their pictures taken. Rather, they just wanted to eat $36 worth of cotton candy (they did come with mouse ear crowns though). Disney events are apparently quite pricey. The event though was great and we were about five feet from the ice. Very fun. We also went to the zoo on Friday. It was a warmer day compared to what we have had - about 40 degrees, but the sun was shining. There were very few people there and we had a great time wandering around.
I had to laugh while talking to a mom the other day at school. She was talking about how they used to live in Lansing, but they really love the West Coast and she went on and on and I was about to ask her when she had lived in California until I realized a few minutes into the conversation that she is calling where we live the West Coast. The West Coast of the Lake. Learned something new. She also mentioned that she used to fly in on a company jet regularly to Texas, but landed in Little Rock to refuel . Every time, she said, the same man climbed on the wing of the airplane smoking a cigarette while refueling the airplane. Yes, no words to say, just yes. I can believe that.



2 comments:

Sue said...

Great pictures. And what is wrong with $36 of cotton candy? You have to pay for quality stuff like cotton candy. Or it might be less costly to eat spoonfuls of sugar.

I thought California, too, when you wrote about the "west coast."

Kathryn said...

Another Arkansas story that is believable and might not happen ANY where else in the country! wow.