Thursday, March 31, 2011
The Baxter Connection
Our sweet Baxter passed away a year ago next month - April 21st. But he still can bring a smile to my face. Our friends that we play with at least once a week have a cat named Baxter. How could I not like them? Another little one in Ethan's class has a dog named Baxter. And he is a golden retriever. He is 11 years old. I met him the other day after we stopped at their house after a field trip. He is overly furry, pants, smells a bit, his teeth are starting to rot out, has a golden smile, leaned against me while I petted him - a bit of deja vu really. I was kind of transported back in time. Katie, the little girl, started talking about her birthday which is in May. Her mom then said that Baxter's birthday was in May, too. I asked when. Shouldn't have been surprised - her Baxter and I have the same birthday. Fitting, we both thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, fitting.
I found this all very comforting, Julie. :)
Mr. B was special
Post a Comment