
First, here is just a cute picture of Baxter and Ethan right before we left Minnesota - aren't they cute?? Baxter's back continues to get better with the shots he is getting and he is much more comfortable which makes us all happy. Now onto my topic of the day. . . .
I rarely watch Oprah, but I DVR the interesting episodes and yesterday she had on the creators of the documentary Food, Inc. I am going to order this on Netflix as the show was very interesting. A lot of her show focused on the issue of how cows and chickens are raised in the meat industry. It echoed a lot of the same issues that the book Eating Animals discussed which was the topic of one of my previous blogs (I feel so cutting edge today). It also discusses how most of the foods in grocery stores have very little nutrition in them. I try very hard to feed my kids healthy food that is organic when possible (easier said than done a lot of times in the land of Walmarts). However, this can be hard to do due to the cost sometimes and it can be hard to do when you are on the go and the kids are "starving." I am looking forward to learning more on this topic. Here is the link to their website which shows a clip of the movie: http://www.foodincmovie.com/about-the-film.php
On another note, my sister and mom thought I should blog about the fact that I can no longer find my Seventh Generation toilet paper at Target. This is a very earth friendly company and the toilet paper is made from recycled paper. My guess is that not many people here are into this toilet paper as it is more expensive and it is a brand that a lot of people are not familiar with. Here is the link to their website if you are interested in learning about earth friendlier toilet paper: http://www.seventhgeneration.com/. Looks like I'm going to have to order a case from Amazon. As we have no storage space in homes down here, looks like I'll probably have to store it on the front porch. I should probably invest in a tarp.
It has just started pouring here. We are waiting for this ice storm which may or may not happen depending on whether it gets cold enough. I'm hoping it doesn't as Ethan has his speech assessment tomorrow and I'm supposed to go out to dinner with a group of friends. I always love waiting for storms!! Kids are fighting and I need to make dinner so I'm off!
4 comments:
You could consider putting a toilet on the front porch to go with the toilet paper. Just a suggestion . . .
Carolyn was just talking about that episode of Oprah. Also, my friend is going through chemo for breast cancer and with all the research she's done, feels like all the hormones they give those animals increases risk of cancer in some people. She desperately wants to go more organic too but is constantly on the road making it virtually impossible. Did you see my earier post about the severed cow tails? Aweful. Yes, the toilet on the porch would be very convenient during playdates so I second that suggestion.
Laura, going back to read about the cow tails. There was actually a toilet that someone had thrown that sat off our road for about a month or more - should have picked that up when I had the chance. Not every day a free toilet lands practically in your front yard!
I had a mint green toilet in my front yard for a short time, sure would have been willing to haul it to ALMA!! Love reading your thoughts!
Post a Comment