Monday, January 18, 2010

Warmer weather




Ahhh, warm weather! It is suppossed to be in the 60s all week and we have loved playing outside without jackets. This weekend the kids and I explored Fort Smith State Park (which ironically is about 45 minutes outside of Fort Smith and is almost closer to Fayetteville). It took about 20 minutes to get there through windy, hilly roads (I was the driver and was almost motion sick), but it was worth the drive. It is in the Ozark Mountains and is beautiful. The weather was perfect and we played on the playground and then went down to the lake to throw rocks in. We would have stayed longer, but Katrina decided she needed a mud facial for some reason so back to home we went to scrub somebody's little face clean. Wish I had the camera for that! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a nice park. We run into those winding roads a lot,and one of mine is very sensitive to that. uggh. Funny about the mud facial!!

Rockin' Redesigns said...

We took a boat tour there, it looked like a nice place to camp too. My kids grew up on curvy roads, but Max still gets motion sickness!!

I'm excited about the warm week!

Denise said...

20 minute drive - sounds close for you! Glad you had fun on the warm day.

Anonymous said...

I would love to go there. It sounds beautiful! Also, I love the dog with the glasses.