Imaginations are amazing things. Yesterday, Katrina told me that she had a dream that Mamacita the cat was dancing and singing. I can so picture this in my own mind and it makes me laugh. She of course would need a microphone and a snazzy outfit - every singing and dancing cat needs this. We had kind of a long night last night. Baxter, my 12 1/2 year old golden, is on prednisone to help with his back pain so he had to get up and go to the bathroom (can't fault him for this - he's almost 90 in human years) and Ethan had a bad dream so I was up with him. I had to wake up at 6:20 to get ready for Katrina's school and about ten minutes before my alarm went off I heard Betsey the Bassett Hound, the charasmatic dog from down the dirt road, doing her bassett "arrrarrrooooarrroooo" right outside my bedroom window (most likely she was chasing one of our cats). As soon as I heard this I heard Ethan make a noise on his monitor (yes, I still use monitors and probably will until they go to college). He comes running into our room and shouts, "I heard an alligator outside me window." (imagine this statement with a pirate accent - everything a kid says is funnier with a pirate accent). An alligator? That is where his imagination took him this morning. Although I would have loved ten more minutes of sleep, I had to admit this was funny and heck, maybe Betsey's baying does resemble a sound an alligator could make. At least it is a balmy 65 and sunny outside so that is helping me stay awake today!
3 comments:
Sounds like a short night! Love the story and the video.
you know, for someone who claims there are large white rabbits in her yard from time to time, why not an alligator? ha ha gottcha!!!
I promise you will sleep through the night someday. :) Love reading what you kids are thinking. I imagine Mamacita singing opera. She's so elegant!
Post a Comment