Today, Ethan went for his speech screening with Ms. Cindy, Katrina's speech-language pathologist. Not surprisingly, he failed and we do the full assessment in two more weeks. After that, he will be enrolled in Katrina's afternoon speech class two days a week which will be good for him. I think Katrina will love having him with her. Here is some video of him dancing post-screening.
Here is also some video of Katrina and her "talking" cat. Have I mentioned that this cat is the most compliant cat of the face of the earth? Katrina was being kind of silly so you won't be able to understand everything that she says (maybe I'm paranoid about everyone's speech skills now - for those of you who haven't heard her speak in a while I promise she is normally 100% intelligible). The weather is suppossed to be in the high 50s/low 60s this weekend and we can't wait to get out in the sunshine and PLAY. It has been a cold winter here for Arkansas. This past week it was in the low 50s and they STILL didn't go outside to play at preschool. Still too chilly by Arkansas standards! Made me laugh to see pictures recently of a friend's granddaughter playing out in the snow with her buddies back in Minnesota - odds are it was probably in the teens or low 20s and it probably took about 30 minutes to bundle everyone up, but they were still out there playing! Different cultures, you betchya!!
7 comments:
WOW! Ethan sure can dance! And what a talented talking cat! This is just amazing.
Have you been watching Martha Speaks?
For the record ... the Minnesota outdoor playtime for six children took 1.5 hours from the time we started getting into the gear until the last child came back indoors. EXHAUSTING - ha. The kids get to nap but I do not. From my early childhood perspective - Katrina's speech is very clear and that is one mellow kitty. Ethan got some moves - from Greg, I'm sure.
Kari, you are one of the FEW people on this planet who have the patience for that!! WOW!! When I saw those pictures I had to laugh as I knew that had to take a long time and you probably spent more time bundling than you actually spent outside. :)
Your kids are adorable! Umm, I was going to say the same thing...that Ethan got his rhythmic moves from his father. Soooo cute!!
Ethan is destined to do amazing things in his life
Ethan is one smooth moving little man and Katrina so sweet with her patient kitty. You've done a great job with your kids.
Post a Comment