So the other day was our anniversary and it happened to fall on "crazy tuesday" where we have two preschools and then ballet. After the second preschool we were trying to get ready for ballet in Greg's brand new vehicle (he had taken my minivan to pick up the new elliptical - we're going to be so buff - just wait!! And then maybe wait some more!). Then I heard the dreaded words from our little boy - "My pants are wet." Well, soon a lot of stuff was wet in the vehicle and I was kind of helpless as I didn't have any supplies to handle this situation. I had debated about just not telling Greg as he loves his vehicle and takes very good care of it. Ethan told him though as soon as he came home so I explained what happened. Greg took it all in and then just kind of shrugged with the expression of, "What can you do?," and then I think we both laughed. We both have also had to laugh when we realized that within the first two days of having new appliances in the kitchen that both the dishwasher and oven both already have scratches on them from the kids doing various things. Really - TWO DAYS!
My pretty furniture that used to be in my pretty room in our Minnesota home is no longer pretty. It is the headquarters of fun for the kids - building mountains with the cushions, building forts, hiding with the dogs, etc. It is also the headquarters for Mamacita the cat to report to do her scratching. The poor couch. But homes are meant to be lived in. And ours is definitely full of life! Off to put the rascals to bed!! Sweet dreams to all!
10 comments:
Guess that's what kids are for - breaking your stuff in. Better that they do it than you. So they're really doing you a favor. Think how bad you would have felt if you'd been the one to get Greg's vehicle wet.
Interesting that it says you posted at 4:51PM and you're putting your kids to bed. I'm thinking (hoping?) that your blog lives in a different time zone than you do?
The blog lives somewhere closer to the Atlantic Ocean than us! Probably basking in the sunny islands and drinking mojitos on the beach. It's 3 hours ahead of me.
No wait, I mean I really am up at 5:03AM so I can check my email and your blog and then have an amazingly full day of incredibly important . . . things.
Just think of the memories you will have because of your wonderful children. I know I have wonderful memories of what my children did as they grew. Personally, I think it was well worth it.
I wondered about the time on this and other postings. Also, Denise why are you up at 5:03 AM?
I think I have an idea about why the times seem off - my posting says it is 5:10 AM. Actually where I am it is 8:10 AM.
Hey Denise. Our blogs crossed.
I like that it makes you look like you are up really early - that way you get my sympathy for being up.
So glad I've realized my mistake before anyone posted that I'm such an idiot. My only is excuse is that I'm a wee bit sleep deprived. Those blog live in the other direction. They're in sunny California. Pacific. Not Atlantic. So embarrassing . . .
At least I've given my husband a good chuckle.
Denise and Julie - Do you remember the time I had all of us looking to the west on Maui so we could watch the sun rise???
Yes, I also remember the time you placed your order at Mcdonalds at a trash can.
Good times!! Hamasas, anyone?
Post a Comment