

The new appliances have arrived (or at least one of them has)!! After almost (GASP) three years here, we have finally decided to replace our white appliances with stainless. My sweet husband toiled away all weekend on this dishwasher - measuring, sanding while I stood over his shoulder with the shop vac hose per his request to vacuum the dust while he used the belt sander (have I mentioned he's an engineer??), measuring some more, etc. He finally finished on Sunday afternoon only to discover it was defective and leaked. Darn it all! Such an Arkansas moment for us - about 75% of the things we attempt here don't turn out right (right now we have about 1/2 of the driveway with new gravel and it has been this way for three weeks - long story - another Arkansas adventure). And yes, this could have happened in Minnesota, but well . . . I'm having a day where I am REALLY, REALLY not meshing with this place. That being said, the kids and I went and picked up a new one yesterday and wahlah, it was securely installed last night and we finally have clean dishes! Aren't they cute working together? In all gender fairness, Katrina also helped install the dishwasher - she is very handy with tools, too. She was just being a goofy girl when she was posing. Thought I would post the one with her ponies today - she is VERY into having her hair done these days. She can be such a girly girl sometimes.
Just looked out the window and there are flurries coming down!! However, it is supposed to be almost 60 the rest of the week! Woohoo - positive Arkansas moment. Must try to focus more on those. . .
4 comments:
Good luck with the rest of the appliances. Hopefully, they will work the first time out.
Love the pictures.
Katrina looks so old in that picture!
Enjoy the clean dishes.
Cute, cute, cute photos!
Sorry about the Arkansas moments!! But, new appliances mean you are going to be here with us for a long time. bahahah. just kidding!!!
Katrina looks like her mommy; only thing missing was me supervising!!
Post a Comment