Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Confession of a stay at home mom

Here is my confession. I don't like to clean. I despise it, in fact. I derive no pleasure from it. When I finally get it clean, I look at it and think, "What a waste of time. It is just going to get dirty again." I have friends that love to clean. Love to mop, love to fold laundry. I don't get it. I honestly DREAD it. I would rather go to the dentist than clean my house (granted, I have never had a cavity so the dentist does not scare me). Today is Katrina's stay and play day at preschool so we don't pick her up until four and I told Ethan this morning that he and mommy were going to clean today. His immediate response was, "Who's coming?".

I was working on mopping when Ethan insisted that he go for a ride on my mop. This then resulted in a discussion of how mommy really can't mop when you are standing on top of it. I have now conned him into mopping and now I'm blogging. I think I need to concentrate more of my time on instilling a love of cleaning into my children so that maybe they will clean the house for me.

Ethan just came in and told me I was his favorite buddy. I told him that was nice and to get back to mopping (OK, I really didn't say that - thought about it, but instead told him he was one of my favorite buddies, too). Off to get the water off the floor. Sigh. . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your take on cleaning. Go play.
Love ya, Mom xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

Yeah - go play. I'll clean when I get home from work...

Julie said...

I would have felt bad to ask you to do that, honey, but since you volunteered. . . you're the best!

Unknown said...

That's ok. I'll do it after I finish the laundry.

Kathryn said...

Now Greg has succumbed to the madness...