Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trying new things


I am proud to say that I have tried two new drinks lately. First, I have tried almond milk and really like it. I can easily give up milk and move on to this (I'm not cutting milk out entirely - I will still eat ice cream and pizza with cheese - just reducing my intake to help my carbon footprint). The vanilla flavor is great in coffee and I'm using 1/2 plain and 1/2 vanilla flavored in my waffle recipe and it tastes great. However, I must remember not to put this in anything that I would share with any of my friends (both tall and small) with nut allergies.


I have also tried at a friend's house. . . drumroll please. . . . moonshine! Greg and I both tried it and had the same reaction. I believe it is an acquired taste, but it was definitely a life experience!!


Tomorrow is - egads - kindergarten registration. I called today to find out if I needed to bring Katrina and I do as they do a little tour for the kids which is nice. Makes the whole experience a little more real though. We are going in the morning and I'm not sure what time we'll get done, but the fire trucks are coming to her preschool that morning and I fear we are going to miss it. Dilemmas, dilemmas. The other day I went with her school on a tour of a bank (I had never gone on a bank tour before - interesting, and gave me all kinds of ideas for a book about a stay at home who scouts out places to rob while on field trips or outings with her children). On monday we are going to an airpark and the kids get to get on the planes. For some reason, it is field trip bonanza right now at her preschool!


A note on the picture above - this was one of my favorite pics from the Easter egg hunt. Ethan had found an egg with princesses on it and he called Katrina over because he wanted her to have it and she gave him a big kiss. My favorite Easter 2010 moment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been having or will have many new experiences lately. I have never tried moonshine and not sure I ever want too. How bad was it?

You have sweet kids. I think they get that from their parents.

Julie said...

Imagine the worst liquor you have ever tasted.

Denise said...

Maybe next time you should put a little almond milk in it!