Saturday, April 17, 2010

Maybe it was a coyote?

OK, never having seen a coyote maybe it was a coyote? It ran/hopped. Ethan keeps imitating it and today we found a yellow/black feather and Ethan said, "Huh, maybe that came from hopping animal?". It was probably around 40-50 lbs. Ethan is standing next to me hopping like it did. Weird.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like it has kinda long ears. Is the color right?

Kathryn said...

Makes sense to me. The ones I have seen run/hop with their tails down just like the photo. Hmmmm...

Denise said...

We have coyotes here. Have even seen them in our backyard. They do have long ears and move funny.

Julie said...

OK, maybe that is what it was though - a younger coyote. I have never seen one before and Ethan's imitation of it is hilarious. Makes me think that perhaps I'm not losing my mind (although on friday afternoonI was making brownies and went outside to get Ethan. I had set the timer as they were almost done and Katrina came to the door to tell me the timer was beeping. I come in and opened the oven and no brownies. I shut the door, opened it again, look, no brownies. I ask Katrina where they are thinking that she got them out by herself. She says she didn't touch them. I look in the oven again. No brownies. I start thinking I'm losing my mind. Did I take them out in a moment of insanity and set them somewhere? I'm looking around frantically trying to find the brownies when my darling husband pops out from around the corner with the brownies. Apparently he left work early and found the perfect opportunity to prank me. It was pretty funny, but man, thought I had officially lost it!

Denise said...

That is hilarious. That husband of yours has a devious mind! Of course if he were really devious he could have dumped the brownies on a big plate somewhere out of sight and come around the corner with an empty brownie pan and crumbs on his face.

Julie said...

Now that would have been funny, Denise. I actually tried to make vegan brownies and they tasted like well, vegan brownies. Kind of disappointing, but oh well.