Sunday, April 11, 2010

Countdown to kindergarten registration

Ten days. . . ten more days before I have to go register my sweet baby for KINDERGARTEN here. Can't believe she is going to be in kindergarten, can't believe it is here. We thought we would have moved on to a different state by now, but alas, here we are. However, that is not a complaint. It is a fact. We have a very happy family - everyone is healthy, happy, and sound (most days). There are some definite benefits to being here. People seem to be nice (I have kept myself very sheltered here) and life definitely moves slower. I do worry about the "cliques" here. When I think of cliques, I automatically think of very wealthy, plastic surgery enhances mommies with their perfectly dressed children (with their own myriad of problems). In this city, cliques consist of the people who have been here the longest. I have heard tales from my friend's here. No one talking to them because they aren't from here, the coach not calling them to tell them when their kiddo's practices are, no one telling them that the book fair that they signed up to volunteer for was cancelled, etc. Egads. The key to surviving here is to have amazing friends/soul mates who GET it and somehow I have managed to meet some of the most amazing people here. So to all of my Arkansas pals, to quote the Golden Girls theme song, thank you for being my friend. . . traveled down that road and back again . . . your heart is true, your a pal and a confidant. Yes, I watch way too much TV. And to all my MN/OH friends, I/we miss you all dearly!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

We miss you too! Can't wait for the June 2011 Olympics! I guess you got the gold this time.

Kathryn said...

Thank YOU for making it all bearable, and on many days, for making it a happy place.

Olympics, huh? Sounds like an interesting story. :)

Anonymous said...

We miss you here, too. Glad you have wonderful friends. Friends are good.

Julie said...

We played a lot of cards at home. We thought we should have an opening ceremony before the next "card battle" and we can dress up each child as one of the different suits - diamonds, hearts, jacks, spades. Our own little Olympics. Weird thought, but my sister and I found this to be hilariously funny.

Unknown said...

Soul mate"s"? You mean you have more than one???