Thursday, April 1, 2010

Zebra on the loose

Today is perhaps my craziest Arkansas day (which is saying something). We pulled into the driveway today after dropping Katrina off and there in our yard was a zebra. About two miles from our home there is this farm with zebras, little ponies, peacocks, guinea, donkeys, zonkeys (a zebra/donkey mix - who knew?), etc. I can only imagine that it came from there. I managed to get it into the backyard with Ethan's help and we have it shut back there. I tried parking outside of the farm described above, but there is a big barbed wire fence that runs around the entire thing. We honked, but no one came out so I left a note secured in the fence. It seems really sweet. We have fed it apples and it is happily grazing on the grass. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if no one calls. I haven't let the dogs out back as I know Mater will chase it. The kids are loving this!! What a crazy start to April!

6 comments:

Denise said...

April Fool's, right?

Julie said...

Ha ha!! Did I getchya!? Katrina has been making April fool's day jokes all day so I thought I would make one, too!

Kari said...

I so totally believed this .... good for you!

Anonymous said...

I really fell for it, too. Is the skunk story real or is that another Pre-April Fools joke?

Julie said...

The skunk dream is true, the zebra story was an April Fools day!

Anonymous said...

hey I fell for it too.. why wouldn't I cause that same person used to claim she would see a big white rabbit in her back yard too;