Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy early Easter and April Fool's Day!





The kids, Greg, and I just finished coloring Easter eggs. When my sister and I were little, we used to color eggs with what had to be a petroleum-based Easter egg dye (it probably also contained lead) that made the neatest tie-dyed eggs. It hind sight I wonder what we exposed ourselves too annually, but heck, it was the late 70s and early 80s - nothing you can do about it now, and like I said, it made the neatest eggs. What is art without sacrifice? After years of searching for a similar product (there is no similar product as it surely contained petroleum and is probably no longer legal), I found a great coloring idea on familyfun.com that was really easy and it made really cool eggs and to boot it didn't contain anything lethal!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did it with the eggs!! They do look like the ones you and Denise use to make.

...but I am now feeling the guilt of putting my children in harm with they small. Ahh yes, parenthood and guilt go together like salt and pepper,,,horse and carriage,,,day and night. Parenthood and guilt just can not be separated.

Julie said...

Mom, didn't mean to make you feel guilty about the exposure to potentially toxic materials. We turned out just fine (other than the uncontrollable twitching). :) We had a fabulous childhood.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how wonderful both of you are even with the toxic chemicals in your bodies. Maybe there is some new chemical out there to control the twitching.

Anonymous said...

actually Julie, I mixed a special EXTRA POTENT special dye in the garage before you colored the eggs; it was kind of neat though cause it, and soon after I, glowed in the dark!! ha ha ha ; so what you have an extra ear...........

Julie said...

Small price to pay for glow in the dark eggs, dad!