Friday, April 23, 2010

On a positive note. . .

Last night the kids and I witnessed the first hummingbird of the season on our feeder. This morning while eating breakfast I saw another one (or perhaps the same one - hard to tell as they look alike, but they probably think that about people). Next week I'll probably get my other feeder ready so that we can see them from the family room, too. They are insane out here in the summer. I had never seen hummingbirds like this in my life until we moved here.

On another positive note, I have been able to now spend more time with Bella and Mater, our two dogs that were formerly strays/dumped dogs. They are both so funny and when I'm missing Bax I sit on the floor and they both come over and try to sit in my lap and lick my face. They are one and two years old, respectively, and are avid hole diggers and bird chasers. They are fabulous with the kids and have learned how to love to play in the couch pillows on the floor and have also learned to love having children "cuddle" them.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Bella and Mater are lucky dogs to have been dumped on you. I bet they know that.

Julie said...

Lizzy will love Bella, too. She is a snuggler as is Mater.